Monday, June 23, 2008

My Feelings towards Western Approaches to HIV/AIDS?

I'll have to say it is one of deep concern. Taking a look at the video recommended by Debbie, it makes you question what the exact intentions the research is based on, and how ego-bound the motivation is. While I do appreciate the extent of the information discovered so far, it feels like there are a few significant 'missing links'.
I also find it very disheartening, when you hear time after time, how the lack of understanding by Western doctors towards TCM, eliminates their referral towards a more wholistic approach of dealing with the symptoms of HIV/AIDS. I feel that it would be most beneficial to intertwine both Western and Eastern approaches for the overall care and treatment plan of the patient.

No comments: